Gringo Carne Asada
Gringo Carne Asada
Carne Asada is a simple dish to prepare and it’s a really quick dinner. Skirt Steak is most often used but you can substitute flank steak, sirloin steak, or just about any thin cut of lean beef. Serve it with fresh Guacamole, Pice de Galo, chopped cilantro, fresh limes, and plenty of hot sauce are my favorites along with warm corn or flour tortillas. Now you’re ready for Taco Party, hope you Enjoy!
The Best Carne Asada Recipe Ingredients
- 2lbs beef skirt steak
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Malcom’s Grande Gringo Seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 white onion sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 jalapeño sliced thin
Gringo Carne Asada Directions
- Combine the lime juice, orange juice, canola oil, water, vinegar, Grande Gringo, garlic and jalapeño in a small bowl.
- Place skirt steak in a zip top plastic bag and add marinade. Close the bag squeezing as much air out as possible. Work the steak around in the marinade so it’s covered well. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct grilling over hot coals. Remove skirt steak from marinade allowing excess moisture to drain off. Season on both sides with kosher salt.
- Oil the cooking grate using a paper towel soaked with canola oil, place the skirt steak directly over the hot coals on the grate and cook for a 5 minutes. Flip the steak over and repeat, total cook time about 10-11 minutes for medium rare. Rest the steak for 5-7 minutes before slicing.
- To cook the vegetables: place a flat cast iron skillet on the cooking grate. Add a little canola oil to the skillet. Add the vegetables and season with Grande Gringo. Sauté the vegetables until tender about 7 minutes.
- To serve the steak, cut it into portions and slice in thin strips across the grain. Serve with corn or flour tortillas, vegetables, and your favorite toppings like guacamole, pico de galo, cilantro, and plenty of hot sauce.