- 1 Pork Loin 3-4 lbs
- 1 cup Malcom’s Bird Brine
- 64oz Peach Apple juice
- 2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1/4 cup Pork Loin Seasoning *recipe below
Pork Loin Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons turbinado raw sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1Tablespoon garlic flakes
- 1 Tablespoon onion flakes
- 1/2 Tablespoon course ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- Place the pork loin in an extra large zip top bag and add the dry bird brine seasoning. Pour in the peach apple juice and squeeze all of the air out of the bag.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for 8 hours
- Remove the pork loin from the brine and pat dry with paper towel to remove moisture from the outside.
- Preheat drum smoker to 275°F adding 2-3 chunks of peach wood to the hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Lightly coat the outer surface of the pork loin with dijon mustard followed by a light sprinkle of Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub. Shake the pork loin seasoning on all sides. I go heavy with it to form a tasty crust on the outer surface.
- Place the pork loin on the smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 135-140°F
- Remove from heat, rest for 15 minutes, and slice. Serve with fresh cranberry sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 12oz bag fresh cranberries
- In a small boiler over medium heat, add the orange juice and honey. Stir and bring to a slight boil; lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and cook for exactly 15 minutes – stirring every 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into serving bowl. Cranberry sauce can be served immediately – but will thicken when placed in fridge overnight.